Who are we?
Crosby United Junior Football Club was formed in 2008 following the dissolution of Gunness & Crosby JFC. The club aims to provide a fun, friendly and safe environment in which boys and girls of all backgrounds and abilities can develop and enjoy football and social activities. We are based at Foxhills Sports Ground in Scunthorpe and our teams play in the Jack Kalson Junior League.
Our aim is based on the FA’s four-corner model for long term player development with age appropriate coaching for all teams. Our football club ethos is a written declaration that sets out how we want the club to be run. It is simple and concise and should be easily understood by players, parents and officials alike:
• We aspire to provide football to children of all ages and abilities, in a safe, friendly
and fun environment.
• We will deliver age-appropriate coaching to support long-term player development.
• We want to encourage all players to try their best and make the most of their
• Provide a supportive approach in all that we do and an environment where children
can learn from their mistakes without undue pressure and anxiety.
• Promote good behaviour and have respect for others.
• Encourage a coaching philosophy that provides clear direction, honesty, purpose and appropriate guidance to the process of coaching young players.
• Communicate effectively, clearly and sympathetically, within and without the Club, to promote an enjoyable and fully inclusive environment.
To continue to develop the club, facilities, players, coaches, officials, volunteers and teams in order to achieve our vision of providing football for Crosby and surrounding area.
To develop a sustainable and thriving football club as a focus in our community.
To work in partnership with other community organisations to use football to promote social inclusion and community development.
To recruit, train and develop coaches, leaders, officials, administrators and volunteers
To introduce people to football regardless of age, ability, sex, religion and ethnic background
To develop football and community facilities to enable the other parts of the vision to take place
The club was founded over 30 years ago and was one of the original members of the then, newly formed Jack Kalson League. At that time the club had just one team and was known as Gunness JFC. As the club grew and the amount of teams increased, some of the teams moved to Crosby School at Chatterton Crescent, Scunthorpe. Unfortunately the links and support from Gunness Parish Council where slowly broken and all the teams moved to Scunthorpe, with the 11 a-side teams playing at Foxhills School. With the club no longer having any links with Gunness and the amount of teams we had began to dwindle, it was decided by the remaining members to rename the club Crosby United Junior Football Club in 2008. From this time the amount of teams are increasing by a team per season. In 2012 we took over Foxhills Sports Ground, since then, with funding from North Lincolnshire Council & donations from local companies we have renovated the pavilion and added new changing rooms and toilet block. In 2020, funding was secured to replace the old tennis court into a 3g pitch which will be completed in March 2022.